Friday 21 November 2008

Zebra, Giraffe and tempo riding



In an attempt to make this post appear vaguely interesting I've found out some facts about Zebra's and Giraffes for you. They can both run up to 35 miles per hour. The Giraffes tongue is 18 inches long and black, some Zebra's have brown stripes and best of all...a giraffe sleeps for between 1-12 mins.

That means for each of my 7-8 minute laps around Regents Park this afternoon one or all of the three Giraffes I saw could have slept.Mmm I also saw three Zebra's but non of them appeared to be sleeping. By the end of my sixty minute ride they had all returned to their respective pens. Conditions were rather blustery on the outer-loop today nonetheless wind assisted blasts in 53/17 are always welcome. Today the legs responded well and I felt surprisingly fresh. Roll on the weekend. Its Friday night so its gotta be Thai food and beer for me - can't wait :-)

No comments: