Friday 21 November 2008

Arsenal-Northwood-Arsenal

Ordinarily a thirty mile round commuting trip shouldn't have posed too much bother but there was a distinct 'we-ain't-happy-about-this' vibe coming from my legs. I must admit nearly nine hours of riding this week has been a little tough. Also a slight niggle on the right side of my knee has developed so I chose to spin low gears for most of the outward journey to work. On the way I met this old fella out for a morning spin. We got chatting and he gave me one of the strangest reasons why he didn't want to do too many rides this winter. " Coz I don't want to loose too much weight", he said. Huh? says me, 'why don't you do what we all do and eat more to compensate for the weightloss. "I don't have a big appetite came the terse reply" mmm A bit of a tailwind on the return journey made things a little bit easier. All though drafting a lorry for half a mile on the A41 with a huge pregnant Rucksack and sore legs is not really to be recommended. Ok lets call that session 2 hours of social riding

No comments: