Thursday 13 November 2008

Highbury-Romford-Highbury

Well... can you see me? Nah I didn't think so. Highbury-Romford-Highbury is not a trip that I do very often. I'm pretty rubbish at finding traffic free commuting routes and the A12 (above) isn't too inviting even at the quietest time of the day. Anyways I decided I'd give it a bash so I set off to see client A in Romford and arrived in a respectable 70 minutes. I always try and ride at around 90% on my 'how-dya-feelometer' especially on long longish commutes but this afternoon things were less than comfortable :-( Usually I manage to keep it in 53/19&18 the whole way but today the legs weren't happy so 53/21 was the gear of choice especially on tarmac that wasn't baby smooth and accompanied with a tail wind.

My legs felt even worse on the return journey. Some dude jumped on my wheel for 2/3 miles before the A12 approach so I raised the tempo and my own temparature in a school boyish attempt to find out if he was a true roadie. He hung on cool as you like. Just as a good Roadie should. I died after that and couldn't go anywhere near the middle block again even on fast stretches. Despite it being dark and with sore legs I actually felt quite safe. I got back in hour 15 mins. Day off tomorrow. Oh and exciting news Peeps! Stephanie (girlfriend) has offered to make me a huge apple pie this weekend. Cool!!!Happy training peeps :-)

No comments: