Sunday 16 November 2008

Base Building in Herts!

Jean-Claude and I were joined by the two Chris's for our morning ride which skims the edges of North London/Herts border. JC was in a feisty mood and hit most of the little climbs with gusto. I was able to match most of his accelerations except the one I call the 'pro climb' which jinks, twist, turns and inevitably breaks ya legs. No worries I'm managing to stay closer to the Ex Pro's wheel so I should be there or there abouts next time we hit his favourite power climb

I tried to instigate sprinting for the town sign competition while we were out in the wild streets of Hertfordshire but no one was really up for it so I played it by myself. I think the rest of the guys found my Chris Hoy efforts mildly amusing. Oh well if you gonna make a fool of yourself you may as well do it in Lycra. On our return journey I normally like to hit time trial mode just outside of Barnet; everyone jumped on to my wheel and I morphed in to Bradley Wiggins for a few miles. Once again the trip was completed with Caffeine and Cakes at the Italian Restaurant in East Finchley. Another good 60+ mile ride has been ticked off my winter training schedule.

2 comments:

2Wheel Chick said...

Welcome Back - where've you been ??

Ade Merckx said...

Thanks I'm still riding. But I won't be doing any of that muddy stuff that you do.. Lol Take care