Tuesday 18 November 2008

Quality Time with Kylie


I felt quite juiced up (not literally!) after Sunday's training session in Herts so on Monday evening I decided to spend some more time with Kylie (my beloved Kurt Kinetic Trainer). For gearing I decided to push 53/15 rather than my standard 53/17. For those of you wondering why I ain't hooked up a cycle computer to measure the effort or use the Kinetic' Power meter computer. Wonder no more! I can't be arsed. I'm simply going for the minimalist approach to training. Its all based on my trusty 'how d'ya feelometer' See my turbo training zones below

Level 1 - breathing fairly easy and I could hold the pace for more than an hour if I had to. I could eat cakes, talk on my mobile phone etc etc I'll be honest there won't be many level 1 rides.

Level 2 - breathing is manageable, but I have to keep my mouth open at all times. I could say a few words but not have a sustained conversation. And anymore than an hour and it would definitely a struggle to maintain the effort unless I was very very fresh.

Level 3 would be similar to Level 2 but one gear down hence leg fatigue much more noticeable but despite identical cadence (calculated using Kitchen clock) of 90ish rpm. I can just manage a level 3 type effort for about 20 minutes but can't do them on back to back days

So on to the workout the first two twenty blocks were a Level 3 effort - very tough! The last twenty minutes were completed in 53/17. I'd like to thank Biggy, Public Enemy, De la Soul, Cypress Hill, Busta Rhymes, Rakim, Dr Dre, Jay Z, Naz and Big Daddy Kane for all their encouragement :-)

No comments: