Thursday 19 February 2009

Spotlight on...John Heaton Armstrong


Name

John Heaton-Armstrong

Who do you race for?

Fit-For/Cycles Dauphin

What type of races do you do?

Road Races

Where do you race?

Mainly the South of England, but also going to Belgium, Italy and France this year. Considering Wales...

Like anyone, my training varies a fair bit throughout the year. Most winter training rides are between 3-6hrs, with a number of intervals thrown in. As the season begins and progress, the volume goes down and the quality becomes the focus.

I like nothing better than a long ride around the Hampshire countryside. I normally ride with one or two friends, and we'll do a hard hour towards the end of the ride, before stopping for a coffee, then spinning home.

What are your Goals for this year?

Win races! Support my team and get it running well and smoothly, and enjoy being on the bike. Improving in body and mind is always important.


What have been your best races so far?

It is rare that I don't enjoy a race, but those that stand out for me are those where I've worked very hard, regardless of the result. For me, getting a one/two with my teammate Andy Davies in an SERRL race (after an 80km break) stands out. This may sound a little strange, but I find the whole day of going to a race enjoyable - working really hard, seeing friends, chat after the race - it all contributes.

No comments: