Friday 6 February 2009

Spotlight on - George "The Smiling Assassin" Brent


Name
George Brent

Who do you race for?
Addiscombe CC

What type of races do you do?
Time Trials, Cyclocross, Road Race, MTB

Where do you race?

Just like to keep it local in the South East, there is so much choice around London for bike racing that there really is no need to go further afield, in the summer I could race every day if I wanted.

Briefly describe a typical training session

I love going out on a good hard chain-gang at least twice a week, training with other people can really help get the most out of yourself as you don't want to look weak infront of your mates, so you really push yoursef much harder than you could on your own. Good old fashioned no pain no gain, thats what I Like.I like to ride at least 250miles per week and believe I get most of my strength from this, most of my riding I try not to hang around too much.

What are your Goals for this year?

Early season your gonna be seeing team Addiscombe dominate the local 3rd cat races and I aim to be right there in the middle of all the action.This year my goals are mainly time trial based, sub 4 hours for a 100mile tt, 270 miles in the 12 hour tt and try break at least one club record along the way.Cyclocross I would love to win some more cross races and be more consistent by handaling mechanicals correctly.Oh I nearly forgot be the first cyclist in the Big Brother House.

What have been your best races so far?

12 Hour TT has got to be my best day on the bike.Everyone did everything for me, I got fed, I got watered, I got directed, I got great team support, on boy oh boy all I had to do was watch my speedo and see all those mile flying by.Winning a London League Cyclocross in my first Cross year, I was gonna race it last season but unfortunately I broke my neck in a Road race.Smiling my way round the Smithfield Nocturn to 2nd place in 2007, Toks was cheering me on and I was on a complete high all evening absolutely felt like a pro and my legs felt awesome. Completing the Revolutions 5 day stage race buy that was HARDCORE, on a whim had the time off work so decided to give
> it a crack on the day before
>

2 comments:

Patron Choufflard said...

What, George does not do any LBP training??? ;)

Ade Merckx said...

I've no idea bro! ;-)