Thursday 28 May 2009

Hog Hill Once Again

OK so race number 4 of the month and my confidence is slowly returning. It admittedly wasn't the fastest of races (the women racers told us to get out the way at one point since we simultaneously caught up with them and then imediately proceeded to slow them down). Nevertheless the race still required good concentration (not something I'm great at!) since at any point peeps would slide out of shot and before you knew it a group of would have 30 seconds on the bunch. Chapeau to those five dudes especially to Lewis Atkins (Agiskoviner) who got across to the break with a devastating attack on the descent.

Back in the bunch we tried but it didn't quite happen not enough workers or too many shirkers - I think you get the picture. My technical ability was much better in this race in terms of better cornering lines, spinning faster in lower gears rather than 'pedal stomping' bigger ones and most important anticipating when gaps may form in front of me (in part this comes from riding the circuit more often). Pleasingly I never felt out of my depth and even managed a few digs off the front. I ain't no bunch sprinter and managed not to come dead last unlike in the previous two races. Hey things are looking up. Next race - LVRC Champs this Sunday at Hog Hill of course :-)

No comments: