Friday 15 May 2009

Back at Hog Hill

Last Thursday (14.05) was my long awaited return to racing. I joined the E12 race at Hog Hill (Redbridge Cycle Centre) which was predictably fairly quick. Dan Patten from Magnus Backsteads new team and a few others ensured I got a real good work out. The pace was tough but my lack of concentration and slightly nervous riding style made thing a little harder than they really needed to be (I've put on a shorter stem this week which will hopefully allow me to have better control of the bike when on the drops) - with 5 laps to go and the prospect of not get anywhere near the placings I swung off. As I said a great good work out but further proof that for some circuits a lack race of practice (5 weeks) can be quite telling. Still the season for is only 3 months old so I'm not pressing the panick buttons yet. Hopefully I'll be back at Hog Hill this next Thursday (21.05)

No comments: