Wednesday 6 May 2009

Back To Business

I woke up at the ludicrously early hour of 5am and made two very impressive executive decisions. 1. Go back to sleep. 2. Set alarm for 6am. I actually managed to drift off and remained in a lovely dreamy state until 6.20am. Don't you just love that snooze button!!!

Anyways...I was soon adjusting the handlebars of my road bike, gulping down black coffee, eating a small bowl of Quaker oats and donning my cycling kit complete with inbuilt MP3 player. Once again I did briefly consider the 45 minute ride to Richmond Park since I really must have another go at the 3 Lap Challenge. Once I got outside my mind was quickly made up. It was a little too cold and a too blowy for any TT style nonsense on rolling terrain. And on top of Arsenal being dumped out the Champions League by a far superior Manchester United and rubbish RP time might lead to adult style tantrums come the evening.



My 90 minute session was split into three parts. The first 30 minutes I warmed up with some tempo riding and couple of 3 minute efforts around threshold pace. In the 2nd thirty minute session I did four sets of 4 min VO2max intervals around the outer ring. Finally I spent the the last 30 minutes riding at close to threshold in the inner circle of Regents Park and just had enough strength to do a short sprint effort on each lap. I haven't pinned numbers to my back in more than a month now so its time to get racing again!

No comments: