Monday 7 April 2008

Richmond Park 3 Lap Challenge


I only managed four rides last week. There were three appointments with Kylie (there she is on your right, looking replendent in green). I managed to hold 300 watts on each days 50 minute effort. Last Friday was my day off, so with such glorious weather there was only thing to do to keep my competitive juices flowing - The Richmond Park 3 Lap Challenge. Despite it being a balmy spring afternoon there was a vicous head wind circulating the park. Believe me riding South West London's main 7 mile training loop was real struggle especially up the main drag.

19 minutes for the first lap was quite dissappointing so on the 2nd lap my heart wasn't really in it. I was held up by cars again and coming down the fast descent my back wheel began to make a weird screaming sounds. After a thorough test a couldn't find any problems. More traffic, dozy deer, further wheel screeching and my own paranoia continue to slow me down even further so I was left with a 3 lap time of 59.30 mins. Booo! didn't even make top 10. I'll give it another go later this week perhaps. I still hope to race this weekend but I need a few sachets of lemsip to shake off the latest cold.

No comments: