Wednesday 9 April 2008

I hate Football!

Damn! so thats it then. We're out of the Champions league 4-2 loosers to Liverpool and despite Mr Wenger's optimism we're gonna need an absolute miracle to win the Premiership. In fact I think I stand a better chance of winning a bunch sprint against Mark Cavendish (Team high Road). And the night was going so well! We scored quite early and dominated the game for the first twenty minutes. Similarly I managed to hold 320watts for first twenty minutes on Kylie. My Ipod has been destroyed by excessive amounts of sweat, no doubt, so motivation was supplied by the The Girvan on my lap top and the football on the box. The watts dropped off naturally in the 2nd set of 20's much like Arsenal's performance. I turned the session into half an hour of power - which means riding just below threshold but sprinting for 20 seconds every two minutes. A tasty little work out devised by Master racer Bill Black In the middle of a vo2max effort Arsenal pulled the score back to 2 -2 before Steven gerard scored six minutes later. That was it I wiped down the bike and hit the shower :-( Still at least my at cold is on the wane. I'm spoilt for choice for saturday's racing: Hillingdon, Chertsey or Dunton mmm I'll decide on friday night. Hopefully conditions will be good.

No comments: