Wednesday 16 April 2008

Chillin with ragamuffins

As some of you know, I ain't really a big mile muncher (right Andrew ;-)). I prefer short fastish training rides in the 1-2 hour duration, well at least until the sun begins to shine on a regular basis. After yesterdays thirty minute blast around Hillingdon with da big boys my legs were humming for more action. So at 7am this morning there was only one thing to do.

I Got to Regents Park and met Patrick (Shavelegs.co.uk) on his way to do some intervals around the inner circle. I didn't fancy that kind of intensity after last nights antics so it was a short meet and greet; then we went our seperate ways.

After the first lap a bunch of shabby looking chaps cruised past in full thru and off mode. Yeah I know I'm hardly Mr sartorial elegance when it comes to cycling gear but these guys were proper 'shabby' - track suit bottoms, rugby tops, football socks, Steve Ovett style running shorts you get the picture.

Anyway they were cruising at a pretty good pace so without a word I joined in. 30 minutes later they peeled off and I carried on for another forty minutes. The rain got pretty heavy at this point so I headed home. On the descent from Holloway Prison down to Seven Sisters road the screeching sound from my back wheel began again. Rather than panick and put the brakes on I continued riding and realised the problem. Doh! The chain appears to be a bit too long; so if I'm freewheeling in big gears the wind blows the chain on to the chain stay. Cool, I'll get it sorted for Saturday. Take it easy peeps :-)

No comments: