Sunday 26 April 2009

The Club Run

Once upon a time (3-4 years ago!) the ACC club run was my main weekly ride. Since those heady days my riding focus has narrowed to mainly Road Racing and the odd Sportive; so getting out on the club run is sadly now a rare thing. I don't think I'm alone. I think a lot Road Racers eventually move away from club runs and spend their group rides in races or on chain gangs. Yesterday reminded me what a valuable learning ground the 'club run' is especially when it comes to group riding etiquette. From sitting on wheels, not half wheeling, thru and off, calling out hazards (those funny hand signals) its all there and shouldn't be overlooked. So yesterdays effort amounted to 70 miles of mostly comfortable/social riding - forty of which were spent with my favourite bunch of cyclists - Addiscombe CC

3 comments:

snoopdoug said...

Well said Toks, highly agreeable!

Monty said...

It was great to see you out Toks & thx for the feedback, I appreciate its a major journey for you from north London just to get out on the ACC clubrun. Good luck with this years racing PS Fab pic
Monty
ACC
Captain

Ade Merckx said...

Thanks Monty its always good to see you. Even though it was only a quick High 5. I hope its not too long till the next ACC ride.