Tuesday 7 April 2009

Spotlight on...Hal Bransby

Name:

Hal Bransby

Who do you race for?


Addiscombe CC


How long have you been racing?

This is the beginning of my third season racing.

What type of races do you do?

Crit Racing at Crystal Palace is the mainstay of my racing, I have done a few of the Surrey League road races and hope to do more of them this year. I also ride about 5 sportives each year and like to have a good bash at these events even though its not really racing it is a good excuse to blast round some of the UK's most senic area.


Briefly describe a typical training session -


The main focus of my training is on the Club run with the training group on Saturday morning, its a good enviroment to measure my performance against my peers and develop some speed. During spring I put in some longer rides down to the coast to get the miles in riding solo to build staminar. I also ride a one day a (30 mile tound trip) week to work in the spring and autum. Also not really training but I think useful, everyday year round I ride 2 miles accross London between the office and the train station which altough not much does help to warm and and warm down the muscels twice a day 5 days a week. During the summer racing is training.

What are your Goals for this year?

Maintain my second cat licence that I got last year.
ie get a top 10 placing in the E12 at Palace or some decent placings in the Surrey League.
I would like to do some more quick sportive times
Also to ride 200 miles in one day.


What have been your best races so far?


Best race so far was my last race as a 3/4 at Palace, there was 4 of us away in a break with a good lead all working well as a group, on the last lap it all went tactical watching each other, then a sprint for the line perfect.
Or the Tour of the Black Mountains with Jess Allen and Sharon Laws riding in our group for almost the whole ride, they would leave Keith and I standing on the climbs but we were able to catch the up again on the flats and re-group, though they were probably taking it easy pre Bejing.

No comments: