Monday 13 April 2009

I'm Tom Boonen

Ok I'm clearly not. But I've been somewhat inspired since last Sunday's Paris Roubais so I've pretty much ridden at close to 85%-90% of my maximum effort on back to back days for an hour and a half each time. I'm, convinced that a diet of 90 minutes hard riding will sustain you through crits and most shortish Road Races. No soft peddalling or sitting on wheels allowed though. We'll see if in time what I'm proposing bares fruit. Oh and I'm all cleated up so things are a lot more smoother and I can eek out a bit more power on the mountain bike. Who know perhaps I'll take my new steed on the ACC club run this weekend

To be fair I don't have to look to the Pro's for inspiration. My mate Sylvain Garde rode brilliantly in the Surrey League Easter 3 Dayer (Cats 1,2,3)and got an impressive 6th on GC. A fantastic effort especially since he was riding without team mates. Ride safely dudes!

Check out Sylv in Yellow - As we old school Hip Hoppers say - He gets Mad Props!!!!

1 comment:

snoopdoug said...

Nice one Toks. Do you do these efforts in da big smoke? How do you manage with inconveniences like traffic lights in the way? Also - tell us more about your training steed please? I use a MTB with skinny tyres to commute, maybe I'm only one step away from Toks' Tantalising Training Technique? We need more info dude!