Saturday 11 April 2009

Er...back to the training

I had a great week off the bike hanging out with my son who lives near Sheffield with his Mum, stepdad, 2 brothers (age 9 years and 9 weeks). I did actually plan on a few turbo sessions but with no bike that didn't happen. So here we go again then - its time to get on with the business of trying to be decent 2nd cat rider. Unlike Taylor Phinney I failed to choose cyclocentric parents so it means having to train bloody hard if I want to be competitive. Yeah I know thats the case for most of us, however there is just one problem at the moment - I still don't have my road bike.

My bike and new frame were picked up on friday evening and promptly returned this morning(saturday) - head set not sitting in head tube properly! After trying to fix the problem myself I popped into Jean Claude's workshop and he spent thirty minutes trying out various headset etc. His verdict - faulty frame!

In an attempt to hang on to the 12 weeks of fitness I took out JC's mountain bike this morning and gave it my best for 90 minutes around Regents Park. They've resurfaced the rough bits of road near the front entrance of the Zoo which is nice. However it was still a hard ride for me made even harder riding in trainers. More of the same tommorrow me thinks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you weren't massively taller than me I would have offered you the loan of my Dolan winter trainer but I'm guessing a 54cm top tube is too short for you.

Ade Merckx said...

Thanks mate very kind. I've put my speed play cleats on the mountain bike so it too bad. Next week hopefully I'll have it all back. I wish I never sold my old giant Road Bike now :-(