Saturday 6 December 2008

Commuting Wars

A big shoutout to all the people literally 'steaming' in their mobile metal boxes on Friday morning. Yes at 8.30am on Harrow Road, West London it didn't look like a lot of fun for you car drivers. Apologies for looking particularly smug as I cruised past you all at a breezy 20mph. I was that skinny black guy on the road bike that at least two of you naughty so and so's tried to squeeze out of the inner lane just to gain a couple of feet on your destination - standstillville.

Despite me flashing my best cheesy smile I couldn't raise one back - you all looked so miserable. Oh, and if you were behind the wheel of that Black Audi Quattro what did that feel like. You know, when that bus infront of you suddenly put on his hazard lights. Unlike me you weren't able to instantly swerve past the big red number 18. ;-) Ha Ha serves you right for talking on your mobile and changin lanes without indicating...A warning to self though - don't gloat too much coz eventually you'll get yours. I punctured 2 miles later

3 comments:

snoopdoug said...

Love it Toks, standstillsville, excellent. Shame bout that puncture mind :(

Ade Merckx said...

Thanks Doug. When are you gonna be blogging again young man :-)

snoopdoug said...

Thanks for the boot up the backside feller, returning slowly to online duty. Now then, how ya gonna get ma back on the bike?