Thursday 11 December 2008

Brrrr!!!!!

Shit today was cold! Despite layering up Michelin Man style there was still that one part of my body that I couldn't keep warm. My Toes. Yes, after just ten minutes riding time despite my thermal sports socks and booties me tootsies were frozen. Nevertheless the training agenda called for 120 minutes so that's what had to be done. I was pegged in at 53/19 and 90rpm, close to 20 mph average. Pushing things harder than that while gulping down icy air would only lead to a visit from my December nemesis. It often pops up a week or so after a cold and its a real bitch to shift; it waits patiently for those inevitable above threshold efforts and then often without warning starts its attack... Voila! By the end of the session you now have a permanent 'friend' to a accompany you on all your rides for the next two months - The Winter Cough. Enjoy!!!:-(

Its time to reminisce - put on your kangol hat and fat laced trainers..."Right Up To Ya Face And Diss You" :-)

No comments: