Friday 27 June 2008

Palace (24.06.8): Same old..same old

I'm slightly baffled as to how it is I'm finding it so difficult to place at Palace considering I'm fitter than two years ago. Oh well last week Warrick Spence told me he had one of his best seasons in terms of results when he wasn't very fit...

Right then the race - the following ACC boys answered the calling in the 3/4's: Hal, Kieran, Johnathan, Mark, Daniel and yours truly. Supporting roles were by Chrissy (I' think Senior ACC lady ) and Stephanie. In the E12's was Sylv. I tried to get away a number of times early doors with a Corridori guy and a Dulwich guy but nothing ever lasted. Less peeps racing in the 3/4s this week and no neutralised bit with E12's made things a lot smoother!...Kieran had a dig for a lap with a few chaps but again they never had more than a handful of secs...A great solo effort by a fella in black with 5/6 laps to go nearly came off but we got him back so it came down to the inevitable bunch sprint. A school boy error by yours truly not being near the front on the bell lap meant I struggled which wasn't helped by cramp in both calves and touching wheels on the climb . Oh well c'est la vie...

No comments: