Wednesday 4 June 2008

Lazy Weekend

Things didn't quite pan out the way they were supposed to last weekend. The plan was to do a gentle 90 minute recovery ride on Saturday with a friend who has just got into cycling, and then a three hour tempo ride on the Sunday. So on the Saturday we rode and rode and rode. All very nice - 3 hours 15 minutes at a comfortable sit up and beg speed.

Surprisingly though after the ride I felt like I'd ridden at 20mph rather than our commuter paced 12.9mph average. Yes Ladies and Gents I was knackered. Two weeks of approximately five hours sleep per night were finally catching up with me! So come Sunday morning it definitely had to be a lie in. After a lovely big breakfast at approximately 11am I was faced with a dilemma: bike or sofa; sofa or bike: bike or sofa. Oh sod it I put on my cycling shorts sat on the sofa and dozed off while trying to read the papers.

After the shocking announcement that I wasn't going to ride the girlfriend kindly found me some domestic chores to do and after lunch I was back on the sofa watching "Britain's Got Talent". In the evening we went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Covent Garden and once again we ended back at hers on the sofa watching some re run of that other reality TV show "Nancy". Is there any show that doesn't feature the obsequious and smug Grahame Norton? My Girlfiend later commented that all this Reality TV sofa watching has turned us into middle-aged saddo's. Lol's. And she's right of course! - Big Brother starts on Thursday, Euro's Football Champs and Dauphine at the weekend. Bring it on

No comments: