Sunday 11 May 2008

Richmond Park Challenge: Part Deux

This years version of the Richmond Park 3 lap challenge has been running since early Feb. More than forty Newbies and experienced riders have been committing themselves to an "hour of power" on Southwest London's best training loop. I've been lounging at mid table for a while so it was definitley time to climb back up the table.

Still slightly high from the Vets race and also suffering from some new spring type symptom - I now salivate like a dog in the early hours of the morning anticipating sunrise. 4.20am? oh what the heck then. Two coffees and bagel later I arrived at Roehampton Gate which was completely locked to cars :-) I engaged to 53/18, put the hands on the drops and rolled away at 5.50am precisely; hot sweaty and panting I left the park at 6.44am exactly - just a tad happier than my last attempt. I'm now in 6th Spot:-).

counters

No comments: