Thursday 29 January 2009

My Name is...

OK so for the first time in four days I got to ride in daylight. The terrain remained the same - flat and boring - good old Regents Park. I didn't care. I had briefly thought about going to Richmond Park to do the Richmond Park 3 Lap challenge 2009. But I couldn't be arsed in the end. Shit, what if I didn't beat 60 minutes - my ego would be shattered. Anyway its not what you train on its how you train on it. After two laps my breathing settled down to what felt right especially in terms of my perceived exertion. In other words I think I found my Sweet Spot

Up ahead someone familiar, choppy cadence and stiff shoulders, was peddling along in the small ring. As I got closer I put my hand on his back which naturally nudged him forward so that he his pace eventually matched mine. It was a fella who I used to ride with a few years ago in an early morning training group. He took out his Ipod earphones to find out who the liberty taker was that was overstepping traditional cyclist greeting boundaries. I laughed and he jumped on my wheel. Later during a conversation about Mothers' (yeah I know) he reminded me that he's half Nigerian...Mmmm and then he told me his name is Toks. lol... :-)

No comments: