Thursday 15 January 2009

Arsenal- Lewisham - Arsenal - Ealing- Arsenal

More commuting - this time I reached double figures. Yes people a whopping 48 mile round trip. Nice and steady - starting North heading South then back to the North and finally heading West before returning to the North. All in all things felt so good that I decided to see what power I had available. A little dig on Harrow Road and then an extra thrust as I approached the Uxbridge Road. Mmm too much power and not enough coordination. I went down on the apex of a slimy wet right hand bend. The bike came to rest just near the back wheel of car that was pulling out of the junction

When I quickly uncliped myself from my foetal position on the ground the driver of the car leaned out of the window and rather jovially reminded me how lucky I was that he hadn't run me over. Cheers mate. Have you got any arnica for my elbow? No probs I was still full of go get em teenage spirit. So much so that I forgot to eat. Still buzzing from my first long ride of the year the return journey was great fun - I bonked spectacularly near Euston and had to summon up what little strength I had left to crawl home.

No comments: